Join the Team
If you’re interested in joining (which would make us stoked!), feel free to email us or just drop by one of our practices. Here’s some basic info:
What does it take to be a Derby Dame?
To be a member of the Naughty Pines Derby Dames you must:
- Be female and at least 18 years of age.
- Sign and return all liability releases and medical forms to the team officers.
- Own quad skates and all protective gear, which includes a helmet, mouth guard, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards.*
- Actively participate in at least one committee.
- Pay dues for two consecutive months.
- Attend practice regularly and be on skates. (Please see attendance policy)
- Have primary insurance or an accidental injury policy, and you must notify an officer if your insurance status changes. Carry additional WFTDA insurance, renewed annually.
- Pass the WFTDA written test.**
- Demonstrate compliance with the contents of the team handbook as pledged with a signature on page 14 of the handbook, which indicates that you have read the contents of the handbook and will abide by the policies.
*The team has equipment that can be borrowed during practice if you want to give the sport a try, but recruits are required to purchase their own equipment after two months – once you know you want to play.
**Dames must also pass the WFTDA skills test in order to be eligible to play in an inter-league bout or scrimmage.